Reasons To Call Urgently
posted: Jul. 29, 2021.
Doctor believes in picking up the phone and calling to go over any urgent matters which may concern you regarding the patient. Below is a checklist that may help.
Give the doc a call and let them know it is urgent if
- Any trauma that has occurred.
- If a baby is less than 3 months of age and develops a rectal temperature of 100. 4 degrees F.
- Behavioral changes such as refusing to take a bottle for more than 4 feeding sessions, listlessness, or uncontrollable crying.
- Vomits repeatedly over 1/2 of the feeding.
- Has frequent watery stools (greater than 4-5 a day), especially with blood or mucus.
- Has pus, redness, odor around the cord.
- Has a severe rash.
- Any difficult or labored breathing, especially chocking, rapid breathing, excess coughing or appears to stop breathing.
- Any seizure, continuous jerking or loss of consciousness
- Parents feel angry, out of control with concern of child abuse.
Did you know that in Carrollwood and throughout the Tampa area Pediatric Place serves has After Hours Urgent Care?